Tuesday 28 October 2008

Napoli 2006 (dedicated to Ombretta)






This set of photos is dedicated to one of the beautiful girls from Napoli; an on-line friend who I first met in the ESL café, where she calls herself ombretta, and who is now one of my MSN contacts and Facebook friends as well. The internet is so much fun. :)  I promised her that I would show a few photos that I took there. So, here they are. Mostly tourist scenery shots and one nice portrait of an older gentleman. I thought he had a great face and with hands and feet I asked him if I could take a photo of him. He didn't mind. I already posted a few people shots from Napoli, (click here to see them) but for some reason I didn't post any landscape shots. I so want to go back to Napoli and surroundings. It is a great city and the people are absolutely lovely. Ombretta: I hope you like the photos (and all the other visitors as well of course)

Camera gear used for these shots: Canon 350D and the Canon Pro1 compact. I didn't have the 30D and the 40D yet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, Internet is very fun. :)
It's incredible how we can talk from a part to the other one of the word so quickly...
Very beautiful pictures!
I like my town so much... its inhabitants less, but some of them want to raise its sorts again.
I hope you will enjoy another trip to Naples!
Thank you again!

Kisses*

Anonymous said...

Ombretta is a lucky girl to live in such a beautiful place and to have you dedicate a set to her. :)
Beautiful photos. I would love to go there some day.

Anonymous said...

I forgot something.
That portrait shot is really good. The black and white and the border with the text. Very classy.

Anonymous said...

Even with the gear you had then you took great photos. It shows that it is the photographer and not the gear that's important.

Anonymous said...

i don't know how you do this dolf, but people on your photos are just incredible (Aneesah)

Dolf Patijn said...

Thanks very much for the compliment Aneesah. And thanks for leaving a comment.